Gastropod began as a labor of love. Co-hosts Cynthia Graber and Nicola Twilley knew there was a great podcast waiting to happen, all about food, science, and history, so they decided to start making it and figure out the rest later. This page is the beginning of later.
We research, report, and produce everything you hear (and see, here on the website) ourselves. If you enjoy what we’re doing and would like to help out, there are a handful of great ways to support us:
This is one place where your donation of any size really will be noticed. It’s not tax-deductible, but it is most certainly appreciated! Nearly a quarter of our funding comes from listener support: we couldn’t make the show without you. So, to say thank you, we have some rewards for you.
• $1 or more per episode on Patreon OR $2 per month on our site OR an annual donation of $20 or more.
• There are currently 171 Gastropod Fans.
• A Gastropod sticker—plus our never-ending thanks.
• $5 or more per episode on Patreon OR $10 per month on our site OR an annual donation of $120 or more.
• There are currently 260 Gastropod Super-Fans.
• We’ll create a special email for you, every single episode, stuffed full of all the fascinating snippets we had to leave on the cutting-room floor. Each episode, we have to leave out stuff we LOVE—but this way, you still get to enjoy it! (This is not an mp3, it’s a newsletter.) Plus a sticker!
Gastropod Supreme Fan
• $10 or more per episode on Patreon OR $20 per month on our site OR an annual donation of $240 or more
• There are currently 22 Gastropod Supreme Fans.
• Get your name featured as a supporter on an upcoming episode of Gastropod! (You get our special email, too, as well as the sticker.)
We use Stripe to process your credit card information on our site; they’re used by Kickstarter, Squarespace, Instacart, Fitbit, and many others, for seamless and secure online transactions. You can also pledge to support us per episode on Patreon (which also accepts PayPal payments). You pay no processing fee to donate to us here (and we are able to keep more of your donation).
To stop your monthly donation at any time, email us at contact AT gastropod DOT com and we will cancel it right away.
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and sign up for our mailing list
Spread the word
Tell your friends, family, and colleagues about Gastropod! A triple win: they get great listening material, you get to look like the culturally savvy, ahead-of-the-curve individual you are, and we get new listeners!
Advertise with us
Podcasts are hot right now. And many advertisers—and analysts—say that advertising works particularly well on podcasts, because it’s such an intimate, personal format. Our listeners are an amazing group: curious, smart, passionate, committed, and growing. If you work for a company that might want to reach them, we’d love to talk with you. Listen to an example of the type of unique, brand-appropriate spot we craft with our sponsors and then get in touch by emailing us at contact AT gastropod DOT com.